Sunday 8 January 2012

The Ups and the Downs...

It's no one's fault.. it simply is what it is (note: I understand this is one of the phrases to be eliminated from our speech this year - not mine, it says it like it is!)

Our situation and our relationship is so far from ideal - for both of us. All we can do is make the best of it. Zack is trying so hard to work "us" into his life - last week was amazing! We have spent some incredibly amazing time together - quality time that has enhanced and deepened our relationship. Things are so wonderful, with the potential of getting better, So why do I feel so down right now?

It's because I am one very greedy girl, I always have been. I am never satisfied with the status quo. I think this character "flaw" worries Zack. I think he is afraid that I will get to a point where I won't be satisfied with him, that I will become bored with him, that our relationship will not satisfy me. He doesn't  have a thing to worry about. We have just begun our journey together - we have so much to explore, so many things to try - some we will love, some we won't, but there is a lot of "living" we have missed out on and need to make up for. I want to do that with Zack.

It isn't simply his servitude that makes me want him, it isn't his gorgoeus cock (although, I will confess - that IS a big draw ), it is the man he is. I don't think he understands that. I'm not sure I understand that. I have always be hyper-critical of people. I have always been able to pick out their flaws, their weaknesses. So, why is it so different with Zack? Because I know he has flaws, he has weaknesses, and there are things about him that drive me crazy some times. But at the end of it all (and I have told him this) I do not want him to change anything. I love his weaknesses, his flaws, his vulnerabilities. Every one of them come together to make him the man I so dearly love. If he changed anything would I love him less? I highly doubt it, and any change isn't necessary anyway, because there isn't anything he could do that would make me love him more than I do right now.

No, my problem right now is that I can't get enough of him. I should be satisfied with our morning together a week ago, having coffee before work the other morning, the afternoon with him and then the time we got to spend together the following morning. Yes, I have had more time with Zack recently than ever before. And yet, I miss him so much.

I went to see an apartment last week. I am praying my application will be approved. I want this apartment so badly. It would allow us to see each other often, I would be able to hang my toys somewhere, we could have our very own "playpen" to enjoy each other in. Our own little dungeon.

But the decision to take this apartment has brought it's own trepidations, it's own level of anxiety for me. It's a huge commitment, absolutely. But it is also the first step away from my marriage - the first REAL step. My counsellor is rooting for me - he is very encouraging for me to do this. But no matter how I feel about my marriage and my husband this is not easy. As much as I love Zack and want to be with him or near him - this step is definitely NOT easy. No matter the reasons, I will be walking away from something I have invested almost my entire life into. Again, it is what it is, but it isn't easy. Zack needs to understand that. He needs to understand that as much as  I want to do this, I feel a huge loss as a result. I hope I am not making a huge mistake. Loving Zack is not a mistake, Zack is my life, my destiny. But if I do this, and Zack comes to a point where he can't continue with me - then I am lost. Forever. That scares the crap out of me.

I know we can never know the future or what it will bring. Sometimes is is hard to step out on that ledge and take that leap of faith. I just hope Zack is always there to catch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment