Saturday 17 March 2012

The Best World..

...is the one I share with Zack. Although the rest of my family was well aware of the death of my brother, no one has been as insightful, or as caring as Zack. He knew what I needed, even when I didn't. I do not like to demonstrate any signs of "weakness" regardless of the situation. I did not want Zack to see my tears. I do not cry in front of anyone. But all he had to do was lay down on the bed and hold me, and I knew I was "safe" there in his arms. I knew I would not be judged.

We talked, and somehow I told him things I had never intended to tell him. You see, my parenting skills were never stellar and as one topic lead to another, he learned what I had been like as a mother. That troubles me. Those are weaknesses I do not want him to know about. If my kids have turned out to be great young adults it is most definitely in spite of me, not because of me.

I am not the same person now as I was then.  Regardless, I can't help but believe he must think less of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment